Wednesday 18 April 2012

The Stork Has Been to Visit

I have been terribly lax at keeping up to date with my blog and emails lately......BUT, I do have a good excuse - I have just had a fabulous, healthy, bouncing baby boy and, I will freely admit, I have been happily floating around inside my baby bubble spending time with Poppette (who is  now 18 months old) and her newborn younger brother "Little Man".

This time around there was no question as to whether or not I intended to speak French with our new baby. The answer was a resounding 'Yes!!!'. I will admit that I am not up to 100% French with Little Man yet....he is only two weeks old so I feel that I have time on my side. But I do make a real effort to only speak French with him within ear shot of Poppette. It's quite suprising how cool it feels to have another budding francophone in the house.... I get real a buzz out of Poppette listening to me chatting French to her brother as I feel that it brings an extra dimension to the language for her.

4 comments:

  1. Felicitations!! Amitiés, Annika/ Be Bilingual

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What wonderful news! Enjoy every moment :D So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your fantastic news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! I have also been lax so I missed the news!

    ReplyDelete